Investigo are delighted to be partnering with a hospitality business based in Cambridgeshire who are looking to recruit a newly created Financial Controller position. This role would be their no.1 position in Finance reporting directly into the Business Directors. The reason for this piece of recruitment is that they are looking to rapidly expand and grow, and need to bring financial controls and processes in house - this is an opportunity that has genuine potential to expand to multiple sites and a wider team in the future.
Ideally you'll be an individual, not afraid to get stuck in to all financial processes and also be confident putting new systems in place whilst managing stakeholder expectations.
- Managing and monitoring the key transactional processes (e.g AP, AR, Payroll) within the allocated portfolio of businesses.
- Ensuring reconciliation of balance sheet accounts are carried out on a monthly basis, including bank accounts, deposit accounts, inter-company accounts, control accounts to sub-ledgers and supplier statements.
- Oversee calculation and posting of all accruals and prepayments
- Fixed Asset ledgers at all time agree to the Fixed Asset Registers, any differences to be resolved.
- Lead the annual audit process and preparation of supporting schedules, reconciliations and financial reports;
Financial Management, Reporting and Analysis
- Delivering and presenting high standard financial and management reports (including the monthly management accounts) to the senior team and shareholders and providing insightful information to the business that will support decision making
- Collecting, interpreting, and reviewing information and data (KPI's) on the financial position and performance of the businesses to identify areas for potential improvement
- Preparing, reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Working capital management, focus on aged debt (including lease debtors).
- For major Capex projects ensure regular analysis is prepared against Budget
- Detailed variance analysis of actuals vs. budgets and forecasts.
- Active management of costs through the relevant businesses
- Support the operational side of allocated businesses on projects that drive significant value to those companies.
Financial Control & Compliance
- Preparation and submission of local tax returns and compliance on a timely basis
- Ensuring accounts are maintained in line financial policies and procedures recommending improvements when necessary
- Ensuring the use of Sage, business system is optimised from the perspectives of process efficiency, financial control and business effectiveness
- Strengthening financial controls across the business allocated including ensuring balance sheet integrity and proposing methods to minimise financial risk to those businesses
- Improving & documenting existing and developing new procedures to improve the control environment of