Investigo are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a growing Milton Keynes based Retailer who are looking to recruit a Financial Controller, on a permanent basis.
The Financial Controller is pivotal within the company and will work directly with the Finance Director, supporting and overseeing the financial activities across the Group. The role will ensure all accounting policies, statutory accounting and compliance requirements are carried out in an accurate and timely manner. It is important that the post holder is a diligent and an experienced technical finance professional.
Specific duties will include:
- Reviewing individual and consolidated accounts under IFRS for year-end statutory accounts.
- Reviewing quarterly & annual VAT and Corporation tax filings, ensuring filings on time to HMRC.
- Managing the key registers and ensuring key companies house filings are completed on time.
- Maintaining the company Policies and accounting manual.
- Overseeing the internal control framework and internal processes to manage risk.
- Leading the annual audit to ensure compliance with accounting/tax regulations.
- Manage the Finance team on a day-to-day basis including the outsource support functions.
- Cash management within the timeframes set and treasury duties.
- Undertaking any other ad-hoc duties required by the Finance Director or Managing Director.
This is a key role to help drive forward the growth of the business, so it is critical that the Financial Controller has the flexibility to carry out hands-on duties. The individual must be a great communicator, hardworking and energetic to implement changes.
They will be an experienced Accountant with a background in auditing. Experience of working with retail & e-commerce businesses with sites throughout Europe would be preferable.
Candidates will be Professionally Qualified with strong financial accounting and controls experience. They will be an accomplished leader who can get the best out their team. Strong finance systems are a pre-requisite for this role and these will included Excel. Any experience with Microsoft Dynamix Navision would be advantageous.
Our Client is offering a salary of £70,000 - £80,000 + 10% Discretionary Bonus