Investigo are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a Northampton based FTSE 250 organisation who are looking to recruit a Financial Controller, on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Group Head of Financial Reporting, the Financial Controller will be responsible for providing financial accounting leadership to the wider Business Unit, ensuring accounting implications are accurately considered, understood and fed into commercial, operational and strategic decisions, working closely with the Business Finance team. The role will own the financial control environment for the Business Unit, taking the lead on all financial accounting and reporting matters, both internally and externally. They will lead a team and be responsible for interactions with external auditors.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Providing overall leadership to the Finance team on matters of financial control, governance and reporting, ensuring the People, Systems and Processes are all fit for purpose
- Covering all aspects of financial control, from how transactions are captured accurately within our systems, to how critical subjective judgements are made
- Ensuring the Customers Control Framework and accounting policies, estimates and judgements are compliant with Group policies and guidance.
- Ownership of the ongoing development and maintenance of the control environment ensuring it reflects best practice and stays up to date as the business, and financial standards change.
- Developing close working relationships with the embedded Business Finance team, ensuring financial controls and processes are in place, well understood and followed
- Providing expert financial accounting advice to the embedded finance team as required
- Management of the external audit process and interaction with other external consultants as required
- Management and development of a team of financial accountants
- Overall governance of the month-end / half-year / year-end close process across the Finance team, meeting required deadlines and deliverables
- Input into the leadership of the wider Finance team and its development
- Oversight of the preparation of all financial reporting, including the submission of monthly trial balances and the annual accounts
- Partnering with the wider business to review specific transactions and initiatives for accounting implications, ensuring these are accurately reflected in financial reporting - influencing the decisions at an early stage
- Preparation and review of technical accounting papers as required, including the presentation of these to senior stakeholders, working closely with the central Technical Accounting team
- Continual assessment of accounting policies to ensure that these are fit for purpose and kept up to date
- Leadership role in acquisition accounting and integration when appropriate
- Providing ad hoc support to wider Core Services Finance projects as required
The successful Candidate will be a Professionally Qualified individual with 5-10 years PQE, and a strong technical accounting background. They are likely to have trained in a Top 20 Audit Firm, and now be operating in a controls, process biased reporting role. They will an exceptional communicator who has the ability to lead and develop a team of 6-8 people. Candidates will have the ability to work in a changing environment, in a business going through a period of finance transformation, and they will be able to work comfortably with some elements of ambiguity.
Our Client is offering a salary of £70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus + Benefits.