Private Equity based Retailer is currently seeking a number 1 in Finance to come in as an interim to support the MD. This is an exciting period of growth whilst being incredibly project based to implement new procedures and processes.
The Finance Controller will be the senior person in the finance department.
In addition to ensuring the company meets all its financial and legal obligations, the role has is responsible for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes. This will involve detailed control and reporting of product profitability, cash flow management and overhead spending.
- Form a close and effective working relationship with the MD and other Senior Executives.
- Provide leadership regarding the Company's Financial affairs and accounting team
- Contribute fully to the development of company across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, key creditors, shareholders and advisors.
- Take overall control of the company's accounting and finance function.
- Re-establish the company's financial systems, processes and overall control environment, ensuring that they are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Deliver timely and accurate management reporting and own all budgeting and forecasting processes
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies and cash flow.
- Control overall company expenses with a particular focus on the overheads of the business.
- Ensure that the company's product profitability is understood and is sufficient to meet the requirements of the business.
- Assess and advise on the financial viability of any capital projects the company undertakes.
- Manage the auditing and statutory accounting procedures.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements regarding accounting, taxation and other relevant areas are adhered to rigorously.
- Manage banking and credit card acceptance relationships.
- Qualified accountant or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Comfortable both providing strategic financial input at a senior level as well as being a 'hands on doer' who understands the detail
- Strong analytical mindset with good Excel (or equivalent) skills.
- Technically strong both in accounting and IT terms. Experience of using SAP would be an advantage.