Head of Finance Systems (SAP)
Our Information, Systems and Technology (IS&T) team is undergoing an exciting period of change and transformation, and to help further us on our journey we're looking for a Head of Finance and HR Systems to join us.
You'll report into the Director of Application Management Services and in a nutshell be responsible for overseeing the Design, Build and Run aspects on your 'Enabling Services' domain which includes both Finance and HR. You'll partner with the Enabling Services teams to understand demand, agree and define key priorities whilst ensuring alignment to both the UK&I and Global mission, vision, strategy, roadmap and budget.
To be truly successful in this role you'll have great leadership and people management qualities enabling you to lead a team of SAP functional and technical; an understanding of SAP ERP - you don't have to be a technical expert but you do need to understand the functionality, capabilities and limitations of the system; a collaborative innovator - able to solution and problem solve while ensuring those around you are brought on the journey of change; an exceptional communicator - able to build true partnerships and leverage relationships with your services users, global counterparts and wider IS&T colleagues to deliver and drive continuous innovation; and system management experience and confidence navigating a complex global matrix - enabling you to steer, facilitate, coordinate and manage to meet clearly defined objectives.
This is an exciting role where you'll be able to quickly see the benefit and value add that you bring to our organisation, you'll work with a wide range of stakeholders and technical experts and have the opportunity to collaborate at a global level.
Although this role is offered on a remote basis we can accommodate hybrid or office working if preferred, our IS&T hub is in Salford, Manchester. There may be some adhoc national travel required as part of this role.
- Manage all design, build and run aspects of the HR and Finance Systems teams within regional IS&T
- Implement and manage effective governance, ensuring transparency, effectiveness and agility response to business priorities
- Maintaining a cohesive partnership with transversal functions through business relationship management; addressing requirements while accommodating constraints
- Develop and leverage strategic and tactical networks with stakeholders and partners, both internal and external
- Ensure regional IS&T Enabling Service follows Global IS&T directives and recommendations and delivers the transformation (industrialized build & run delivery; providing competitive, quality and predictable outcomes)
- Project management; applying standard methodology ensuring delivery on time, on budget, fit to purpose, with high level of solution quality and achieving business case objectives including ROI.
- Demand and resource management of a diverse project roadmap across the HR & Finance areas
- Participate in defining regional IS&T HR & Finance system vision and strategy
- Balancing the regional need vs. global expectation
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience of managing an IT team delivering a portfolio of applications and/or services
- Proven experience of project management within context of systems management and/or implementation
- Proven track record in delivering IT programs which support business transformation, preferably in Finance and/or HR
- Strong knowledge of SAP ERP, SAP HANA and core modules - the functionality, capabilities, and limitations
- Considerable experience leading teams comprising of permanent staff, consultants, and contractors (on and offshore)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management process
- Able to develop and influence relationships and with stakeholders within and outside the project or programme
- Evidence of working with different disciplines (HR, Finance, IT, Business & Operations, External Vendors)
SAP - HANA
**Due to the nature of this role UK Government Vetting is required to SC level**