A global FMCG business based in London Bridge. Hybrid working, three days in the office, two days from home each week. The role will be 3-6 months, but could extend or lead to a permanent role in the future. You must be immediately available or able to start within the next two weeks.
The company focuses at the mid to top end of the market promoting its own range of branded product. It has a reputation for delivering high quality, design-led innovative products which it sells to its global customer base.
The company is run from its London head office but has strong international distribution with sales in 100 markets worldwide. It has been recognised by the Sunday Times as one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in the UK and has won many design awards for its innovative products.
The company intends to move from its current accounting software, Netsuite, to SAP 4/ Hana in H2 2022. As part of this process, current Finance resources will be utilised for the transition to SAP 4/ Hana.
As a result, there is a requirement for an interim resource to:
- back fill the current duties of the Finance function to ensure business continuity and,
- assist in the accounting data cleansing and reconciliation of the balance to ensure clean data is migrated onto SAP 4/ Hana;
- assist the various Finance teams in the transition work from the current Finance function requires assistance in the ensuring.
It is expected that as the requirements of the Finance function alter as the project progresses so to will be the areas that require the resource to provide support.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Back fill Balance Sheet and Management Reporting
- Assist Head Office Financial Accountant in managing monthly close process;
- Assist Commercial Finance Group in the month end close and preparation of Board Pack reports;
- Assist in the accounting for all sales rebates globally, including calculation on a monthly basis and reviewing rebates in line with performance;
- Reviewing expense claims to ensure compliance with group policy. Performing analysis on travel and subsistence costs, including understanding differences to budget;
- Responsibility for ensuring balance sheet reconciliations across the Group are completed per the month end timeline and ensuring a high-quality standard of reconciliations.
- Responsibility for reconciling key accounts including Stock In Transit, US GST;
- Responsible for the accurate preparation of individual subsidiary balance sheets and income statements, Asia, Shanghai, KK and Australia ensuring ledgers are maintained to a high standard;
- Assist in the preparation of VAT/ GST submissions for France, Germany, Australia;
- Assist in the EC Sales listing and Intrastat for France and Germany and Netherlands;
- Other ad-hoc work as required.
- Tax & compliance
- Assist with the preparation of VAT submissions for Dutch legal entities;
- Preparation of Distance Selling VAT returns
- Preparation for transition to SAP
- Assist in all aspects of mapping Netsuite to SAP;
- Data cleansing for accounting data by ensuring balance sheet reconciliations are all up to data;
- Investigating reconciling differences for A/P, A/R and Treasury, and
- Ad hoc tasks as required across whole Finance function.
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified by experience or Part Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- Experience in financial reporting, preferably at group level;
- Ability to work with key business partners at all levels of an international organisation, and able to explain complex, detailed matters to operational managers;
- Experience of Concur Expenses software would be good;
- Ability to work with complex technical matters;
- Experience of multi-currency financial reporting;
- Experience with NetSuite preferred;
- Experience in communicating with multiple stakeholders;
- Methodical approach to tasks who demonstrates a calm demeanour under pressure;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, and
- Detail oriented, constantly challenging and verifying information, able to deal with complex issues.
- Highly driven individual with a hands-on deck mentality, consistently seeking to drive process improvement;
- Ability to take ownership of a project and see it through to completion.