Interim Financial Reporting & Controls Manager
12 month FTC
£110K + package
Based in Watford (2 days a week)
Investigo are supporting a FTSE100 business based in Watford who are seeking a technically astute Financial Reporting & Controls Manager to cover a 12 month secondment.
This business has a fantastic reputation and are certainly an employer of choice in the local market. Despite the size of the business, the finance team operate a lean structure which gives the the successful candidate solid exposure.
Start date can be immediate or we are happy to wait until October if someone is finishing a contract.
Working alongside the two Financial Reporting & Controls Managers you will work closely to manage and deliver the team's varied responsibilities which will offer variety and require different skills. You may also be called upon to support tasks in the wider FR function as required. Responsibilities include:
- Half year and year end reporting
- Producing the consolidated results and financial statements under IFRS, managing both upwards and downwards effectively to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Taking the lead on the preparation of certain key technical areas of the half-year and year-end process such as goodwill impairment, pensions, share-based payments, going concern and contingent purchase consideration.
- Managing the timeline and collection of the information required from the subsidiary and divisional finance teams across the organisation.
- Managing the relationship with the external audit team to ensure a seamless audit process.
- Preparing the UK FRS101 statutory accounts for all the UK subsidiaries including the group holding companies.
- Maintaining and developing internal reporting process to ensure it is efficient and robust, reflects new accounting developments, evolves as the Group develops and serves the needs of the business.
- Agreement and payment of the Group's bonus payments at half year and year end
- Monthly reporting
- Review of monthly results for head office entities.
- Supporting the completion and review of balance sheet control process for head office entities.
- Monthly update of the Group's bonus accrual and forecast.
- Other financial reporting deliverables
- Acting as a "subject matter expert" regarding accounting standards specifically IFRS.
- Taking the lead on technical issues, advising management on the impact of new accounting requirements and the financial consequences of commercial decisions, resolving issues/problem solving where necessary.
- Drafting papers for the Audit Committee relating to financial reporting judgements and estimates.
- Acquisition accounting-including preparing goodwill calculations, opening balances and fair value adjustments and accounting for post-acquisition costs such as deferred consideration.
- Own and maintain the Group's IFRS 16 lease accounting software, including providing support and guidance to users in the appropriate treatment of leases under the standard and how these are reflected in the lease software.
- Treasury accounting-including FX analysis and providing technical advice on hedge accounting, working closely with the Treasury team.