Lead Solution Architect - Retail
My client is a leading omni-channel retailer in Europe with more than 50,000 employees across Europe. They are restructuring their architectural teams and rebuilding the Solution and Technical Architecture teams within the Engineering function. They are looking for Lead Solution Architects within that function to run teams of Solution Architects. The Lead SAs will be responsible for evaluating their business needs and identifying how technology can deliver those needs through technology selection and design patterns.
The objective of the role is to become a trusted advisor to the business with a reputation for identifying appropriate, cost-effective solutions to challenging problems and innovative goals.
- Experience in managing and nurturing a small team of Solution Architects would be ideal, but we are prepared to consider candidates moving into man management for the first time.
- Demonstrable experience with micro-service and event-driven architectures (.NET, MULE and Azure ideally)
- Agile experience and an agile mindset are required.
- Strong transformation experience, with focus on both E2E and Integration architecture challenges in a hybrid estate
- Strong inter-personal skills to work with developers, technical architects and management
- Experience in working in a Solution Architecture Practice (expectation of governance, assurance, framework for change, artefacts, RACI, tooling)
- Good stakeholder management skills with delivery, business, vendors and EAs.
- Experience of architecting high volume, performant and scalable technology solutions.
- Worked in complex IT environment and fast-paced delivery