LEARNING & ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
£42,000-£50,000 PER ANNUM
LONDON BASED WITH FLEXIBLE WORKING
I am delighted to be working with GamCare on an exclusive basis to help them to secure this important hire. After working closely with the People Director on numerous vacancies in their last role, they have assigned me again to find them the best talent in the market for their new organisation.
GamCare are a growing organisation that support people in the UK struggling with gambling addiction
You will be the lead person delivering Learning and Organisational Development projects that inform, drive and support ongoing organisational change and improvement. You will support managers to put learning, wellbeing, flexibility, collaboration and inclusion at the heart of the evolving GamCare culture. You will work closely with our direct service providers in both Quality Assurance and Innovation and Clinical and Community Services to support their professional development.
This organisation is a growing and developing charity and to achieve this will require us to change in line with their client and business demands. All this change involves people, so as our L&OD Manager this role is vitally important in helping to drive and support transformational change across GamCare.
To deliver this, you will support and develop their approaches to talent and career development which are underpinned by a detailed Development Strategy and associated training interventions. These will be delivered as a blend from yourself as the trainer/facilitator and through engaging with relevant external providers.
Organisational Development, Change and Employee Engagement
- Lead on OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions that support GamCare to be a high performing organisation and an employer of choice. This includes projects relating to cultural development, valuing learning, continuous improvement, professional/technical learning and diversity and inclusion.
- Undertake research, analysis and present ideas that contribute to the development of GamCare's strategy and people's capability and engagement in delivering them.
- Lead on or support managers with specific performance improvement initiatives, for example the development of a behavioural competency framework, appraisal processes, 360 degree feedback.
- To identify opportunities for performance improvement through internal diagnosis, process/system reviews to understand barriers and possible solutions, incorporating external research into good practice and new ideas.
- To design and facilitate in-house events to support the delivery of projects or development of new initiatives.
- To work closely with the Internal Communications Manager and the HR Manager to ensure effective communication and consultation processes build high levels of staff engagement
Learning and Development
- To develop GamCare's approach to talent management and succession planning and to co-ordinate the contributions of key stakeholder to ensure successful implementation.
- To design, deliver, co-create the provision of leadership and management development for all levels of managers and aspiring managers, including the Executive Leadership Team where required.
- To support line managers with their people development responsibilities, including completion of career development discussions and personal and professional development plans.
- Develop and deliver a costed annual training plan that focuses on the skills development required to deliver a high performing service to GamCare's clients.
- Provide a platform for e-learning opportunities for both skills and technical/mandatory training requirements.
- To develop relevant coaching, mentoring, secondment schemes to support staff development.
- To support the Director of P&OD in the management of the training and development budget
- Working closely with the HR Manager/Business Partner and other managers, to develop a career development and performance management framework that promotes internal horizontal and vertical progression. This includes an improved use of our apprenticeship levy.
- Previously operated in a Learning and Organisational Development role that has supported managers to identify talent and embed an inclusive and engaging culture in a similar environment in terms of a growing organisation and across multiple sites and ways of working.
- Delivered successful OD projects and supporting significant organisational change, influencing, building and sustaining relationships in order to achieve results.
- Advised and worked closely with all levels of management and leadership teams in the areas of employee engagement, performance management, diversity and wellbeing.
- Led on the delivery, analysis and solution outcome focus of employee engagement and staff surveys.
- Developed, designed and delivered a range of training and development programmes, including technical people management skills and leadership and management programmes.
- Evaluation of L&OD interventions using a Return on Investment methodology appropriate to the analysis.
- Created close working relationships with key stakeholders and appropriately challenged individual behaviour or ways of working.
- Worked within a wider HR team and connected well with colleagues to deliver a joined-up customer focused service.
- Introduced an e learning platform that complimented the training and development opportunities available to staff.
The deadline for applications is the 20th May with interviews to take place the w/c 24th May 2021. Please apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.