Global Travel Group
up to £55,000 + great benefits
Hybrid Working (2/3 day pw office)
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Management Accountant - is responsible for production of the monthly management accounts & management information provided to the business
Key areas for the role:
- Ensure accurate financial information is produced on a timely basis.
- Provide information to facilitate optimum decision making.
- Provide assistance to the Head of Finance to ensure that the finance function operates efficiently & effectively.
Your key responsibilities:
- Oversee the monthly close process for the UK and APAC subsidiaries to ensure the management accounts accurately reflect business performance and all assets and liabilities
- Preparation of monthly Management Information reports and variance analysis in line with reporting timelines
- Liaise with remote operating subsidiaries within the business segment to assist in maximising standardised process, best practice and an effective and robust control environment in accordance with group policies and procedures
- Review balance sheet reconciliations with appropriate back-up on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in the external audit process and statutory accounts completion process
- Provide support with monthly reporting & ad hoc requests from the global finance team.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external finance stakeholders
- Working cross-functionally to provide timely and interpretive financial support and advice to business managers to ensure budgets and costs are being understood and managed effectively.
- Ensuring all industry regulatory requirements are effectively discharged, including submission of monthly/quarterly returns and overseeing any licence/bonding renewal applications and processes
- Active involvement in and support of any system implementation and development initiated by the group
- Liaising with Group Treasury to prepare and communicate cash management requirements and forecasts
- Any other duties and ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Head of UK Finance
Experience and skills:
- Solid financial & management accounting experience with proven strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to manage and meet key deadlines
- Must be organised, thorough and accurate demonstrating a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to demands of specific projects & to work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to plan, prioritise & schedule project related tasks alongside daily routine activities. Forward looking so that potential issues can be effectively identified & managed with a desire to challenge the status quo
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and the ability to thrive within a changing environment
- Experience of working within a multi-currency environment
- Resonate with the high performance culture.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) / Qualified by Experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience of SAP