Brand new role as Management Accountant Fleet arisen within a market leading business with a superb reputation for staff retention and an excellent culture
The Fleet Accountant sits within the Group Finance Team and takes ownership for all Accounting related matters for the vehicle fleet as well as assisting the wider finance team with day to day reporting and project work on an ad-hoc basis.
Key Accountabilities and duties include:
- Producing management accounts for fleet scheme.
- Processing journals in relation to the fleet scheme.
- Fully reconcile all balance sheet codes relating to the fleet scheme.
- Set and review the amounts included in the salary sacrifice deduction (insurance, tyres, contingency, national insurance pass back to employee).
- Calculate the NI savings to be passed back to each business unit.
- Review the cars that are awaiting to be reallocated. Determine if these should be returned to leasing company, discounted or marketed to a new driver.
- Assist with all financial queries in relation to the fleet scheme.
- Build a relationship with CLM (3rd part fleet management company).
- Review mileage being completed by drivers to determine if contracts require rewrites.
- Communicate with drivers amounts that require recharge and collection from payslip via payroll.
- Reconcile accounts when a car is returned or written off.
- Work with CLM to improve the scheme.
- Own the company car salary sacrifice policy, acting as a subject matter expert to assist others and dealing with escalated queries.
- Act as final approver of any new company car salary sacrifice arrangement.
- Assist employees with understanding options available to them through the scheme and tax implications.
- Provide first class customer service to all internal customers, answering queries quickly and accurately.
Use initiative to solve problems and explore different solutions to a problem.
The ideal candidate will have good Management Accounting skills coupled with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This represents an opportunity to join an outstanding business with a reputation for staff retention and progression.
On offer is a good benefits package and Hybrid working and genuine long term progression within a very well run business.