Investigo are currently partnered with an international sustainability business who are looking to hire a management reporting accountant for their strong London based finance team. This role will suit a practice trained candidate who has already made their first move into industry and is now looking for that next step.
There are four principal elements to the role:
- Monthly management reporting: the client uses the reporting tool OneStream, which the BUs use to submit their monthly financial data to Group Finance. This role will use this information to prepare the monthly 'flash' reporting, board commentary and detailed monthly management accounts, which are provided to senior management and external finance providers. They will own the monthly process, ensuring the BUs submit on time and carrying out the first stage of review of the BU data, then liaising with the Regional Finance Controllers if there are any queries.
- Monthly review: review several monthly reports prepared by fellow team members to ensure high quality reporting.
- Acquisitions: part of the business's long-term strategy is making strategic acquisitions. This role will collaborate with the acquisitions team to ensure the newly acquired businesses align with our reporting calendar, as well as perform the initial review of their results until they are fully integrated onto the main system.
- System super-user: This role would be one of a team of OneStream users, gaining in depth knowledge of the system and driving process improvement, building reports and providing adhoc support where required.
The role will initially be working from home but there may be a requirement to attend the London office two or three days a week once it reopens.
- Prepare the monthly flash results for the Global Head of Finance and external finance providers
- Perform initial review of monthly BU results and prepare the monthly management accounts; liaison with regional finance where required
- Review of monthly reports prepared by fellow team members
- Become a OneStream super-user
- Other adhoc surveys and analysis as requested
- Accountancy qualification ACA / CIMA
- Ability to master accounting system skills quickly and have an inquisitive nature
- Proficient in Excel - ability to consolidate and analyse large amounts of data from multiple sources (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables etc)
- Attention to detail, ability to self-check work and take ownership of processes is key
- Process and deadline driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communications skills - will be engaging with remote staff in various business units across the globe
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team