I am currently on the lookout for a dedicated PMO/Portfolio Specialist to help drive PMO best practice, governance and improved ways of working across International Project/Programme Portfolio for a leading Technology organisation.
As the PMO/Portfolio specialist you will be the key contact in the Experience pillar for the Product Planning function and will ensure that they get the information and guidance that they need from the right people on our team.
The role requires extensive skills in collaboration, planning, and issue resolution as well as project management experience across the many organisational elements both within the team and across the larger organisation. As the PMO/Portfolio Specialist, you are the responsible role within the Product organization to assist the Product Managers with the key deliverables and planning required to effectively and efficiently manage our business.
The role will suit a proactive, motivated and results-driven individual that is looking for exposure and career development in a project management environment
- Create, maintain and report on all integrated project programmes across complex large scale internal projects.
- Drive best practice and governance
- Tracking and reporting the progress of the programme and Storybook against actual project delivery
- Budget administration and analysis across several multi-million-pound projects whilst also, working with project streams to identify and create project budgets
- Identify programme risks and assess the potential impact to the critical path.
- Be the central point of contact for all streams and stakeholders for the project programme and ensure the integrated programme remains the most up to date view of the project.
- Collaborates extensively between Product Managers and Product Launch Managers (Propositions/Marketing organizations) and other impacted operational areas including Release Train leadership teams, Finance, Legal, Technical delivery, Commercial, Delivery, and more.
- Act as proxy for Sr. Director, Experience as needed
- Look to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team through the use of automation and tools.
- Understands and utilises Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) best practices to facilitate software releases based on a sustainable cadence.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have the following experience;
- Experience within a fast-paced, highly pressurised office environment
- Excellent numeric and computer skills (including MS Excel, MS Applications)
- PMO/Projects background
- Experience of programme and portfolio level reporting
- Project planning experience
- Previous experience leading or managing a team
- Experience of using MS-Project or other project programme software
- Problem solving nature
- Facilitate and promote change initiatives
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire and passion to collaborate with others towards a shared goal