Project & Programme Delivery Manager - Assurance
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to work in a large Public Sector organisation alongside senior colleagues and be involved in a range of tasks and responsibilities. This role is suitable for an individual with strong project management experience, project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2, SCRUM) are desirable but not essential.
Delivery & Schemes is our delivery arm and manages a number of high-profile environmental programmes. It's a fast-paced and dynamic place to work, and you can expect to be involved in ground-breaking work. Our flexible working career opportunities are incredibly varied, so we are committed to recruiting talented people from a diverse range of professional and personal backgrounds - bringing different perspectives and experiences to our work.
The Assurance Hub is responsible for checking that Delivery & Schemes is delivering these environmental programmes in line with regulations and protecting public money. The Assurance Project Team plays a pivotal role in driving change and improvement in the way the Hub works. A major focus of the team is to design and deliver projects that facilitate the intelligent use of data to inform the work of our Audit and Compliance teams.
This is a great opportunity with someone with experience of leading projects that vary in size and nature. Working alongside teams across Delivery & Schemes, you will be responsible for delivering projects from within the Assurance project portfolio. You will collaborate with other members of the Assurance Project Team to deliver a range of projects. You will use your thorough knowledge of best practices in agile and waterfall methodologies and Change Management to support your team and successfully deliver projects.
This role will require a collaborative approach in working with colleagues with internal and external partners. The right candidate will have extensive project experience, and a pragmatic approach that balances the need for governance and rigour, while not over-burdening the stakeholders.
- Lead on production of project documentation in line with internal standards including project charter, scope mandate, roadmap, etc.
- Ensure benefits of project are realised and tracked
- Promote the project team and encourage collaboration, communication and focus on mutually agreed priorities
- Report on project progress ensuring transparency with key stakeholders
- Establish and manage project procedures including risk and issue management, change control and communication, removing barriers to delivery and escalating problems as required
- Ensure a suitable level of business readiness is in place to ensure projects are delivered seamlessly into the wider Assurance teams
- Actively participate in the Delivery Management community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
Key Outputs & Deliverables
- A motivated and collaborative team who meet team any organisational objectives
- Delivery schedules clearly planned, communicated, and met, based on a defined roadmap
- Effective communication within the relevant project teams, and with the business end-users
- Implement appropriate levels of project governance where applicable, including production of project reporting any other product applicable to the size and complexity of the project
Candidates must have a track record in the public or private sector, demonstrating experience of:
- Exceptional planning and organising skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and manage relationships with varied groups of stakeholders
- Agile and waterfall project methodologies, processes, and techniques
- Programme and project risk management
- Senior stakeholder management and ability to communicate complex information to individuals at varying levels of seniority.
If you are interested in this role please apply or send a CV to Liam.Barber@investigo.co.uk