Are you a Project Manager looking for your next contract opportunity? A Local Authority based in the East Midlands are looking for a Project Manager to work on their income Management Systems. This role will be based remote for the foreseeable and fall inside of the IR35 regulations.
They are looking for a versatile, capable and experienced project manager with ambition and powerful ideas, but most of all, the bravery to make those ideas happen.
We're looking for an exceptional human to join our IT Business Systems & Change Team to support improvement and system implementation projects. You'll join us on our journey as we create better end-to-end services for our councils and residents.
Our current portfolio includes a range of projects, many of which are system-related (for example implementing new systems for e-recruitment or income management), although we welcome applicants with a range of project experience. With the best people in our service, we can push the limits on automation, innovation, and scalable, reusable services that help join up the organisation and make things better for our people and residents.
Day to day, your job will look like:
- Planning, leading, project managing - you'll lead your project team (including representatives from within and outside our IT Directorate) to ensure we understand the business drivers for change; explore the options available and deliver the changes needed
- Collaborating - with experts from IT, Finance, HR, Transactions, Legal and other areas of the Council and our partners, to understand their requirements, gather their expertise and knowledge and ensure this shapes project delivery
- The project management bit - you'll be experienced in PRINCE2 project management or other project/programme management or people change management methodologies and will be used to using tools/standards to ensure your projects run smoothly
- Being a proactive thinker, doer and challenger, so that we can do our best work
You will need:
- Natural openness, curiosity and optimism (a bit of bravery probably wouldn't hurt either)
- Experience in complex technical projects, particularly where integration between multiple systems is required
- Background in Financial services/IT
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (Unit 4) and Office 365
- Experience in people Change Management, ideally in relation to Income Management or technical projects
- Excellent communications skills and ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders
- A team-driven approach to delivery
- A responsive and adaptable attitude
- A passion for making a positive impact for individuals and services
You'll get extra points for:
- A background in Income Management system implementation
- Experience in Income Management processes and streamlining/automation of these
Please get in touch with Lauren Pocknell at Investigo to be considered.