Investigo are currently recruiting for an Interim Purchase Ledger Clerk to work for a well known brand in Milton Keynes. You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient maintenance of the company Purchase Ledgers.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will ensure supplier payments are met according to agreed terms, in charge of the company spending, overseeing all purchases made by the business, monitoring how much is owed at all times.
The role holder is responsible for receipt & checking of invoices, ensuring correct coding is applied to invoices and that correct VAT is applied, processing through to making BACS or other payments. Supplier Statements are expected to be checked and reconciled and dealing with all relevant purchase ledger enquiries.
- Accurate and timely processing, distribution and payment of invoices across all ledgers.
- Processing and monitoring of cash and journal payments.
- Monthly, weekly and occasional payment runs and BACS payments.
- Chasing debit balances for all Purchase Ledgers.
- Chasing and monitoring outstanding invoices for all ledgers.
- Monitoring Direct Debit suppliers and ensuring timely receipt of invoices.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and resolving supplier queries.
- The close down of all Purchase Ledgers to payment deadlines.
- Accountable for the maintenance of all department documentation and reports.
- Investigating, managing and resolving invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Liaising with internal and external customers.
- Monthly statement reconciliations.
- Filing and maintaining records.
- Month end journals as appropriate.
- Demonstrate an ongoing and active commitment to review all tasks and procedures, to enable them to be undertaken more efficiently.
- Other duties as requested by management.
- Where corrective action is required on any supplier account, invoice, P/O omission, preventative action to avoid a re-occurrence is expected to support continuous improvement.
- Assist in other areas of Finance as and when required
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Excellent numeric ability (including competency with MS Excel)
- Excellent communication and Customer Service skills.
- Attention to detail
- An aptitude for IT - knowledge of software packages Microsoft AX and Banking Systems - BACS would be desirable.
- An organised and methodical approach
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently or as part of a bigger finance team
- The ability to communicate problems across all levels
- £25,000 Salary
- Hybrid working