The Research Associate is responsible for implementing a scientific plan and working independently or with minimal supervision in the lab.
The Research Associate will report directly to the Scientist, Preclinical Research & Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Target validation of candidate capsids, promoters, gene constructs, etc.
- Develop and qualify new assay methods
- Execute routine assays and procedures
- Collect, analyze, record, and summarize data
- Assist with and/or execute production and purification of biologics
- Assist in maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of written and electronic materials and results
- Attend designated meetings to ensure professional development
- Present scientific results at appropriate meetings
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards
B.S. with minimum 5 years or M.S. with 3 years hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology, cell biology, virology, or related areas.
- Basic knowledge and techniques in AAV or other virus production, purification and characterization.
- Proficiency in basic biological laboratory techniques, including mammalian cell culture, ELISA, molecular cloning, immunoblot, PCR, transfection, AAV transduction, and cell based functional assays.
- Understanding/working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Work in the lab with minimal supervision
Measures of Performance
- An initial Performance Review will be completed three months from hire date.
- After initial PR, reviews will be conducted annually within 60 days of the Company's fiscal year end
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with the Scientist, Preclinical Research & Development for the review of work plans and data analysis