I am seeking Senior Account Manager with a passion for publications to join a talented team of professionals, based in New Jersey (over 70% of the staff work remote). You will providing strategic support to pharmaceutical company clients- producing articles, abstracts, posters, supplements, slide presentations, monographs, and other communications materials. This position includes autonomous financial management for all accounts, account management, being main point of client contact, project delivery, and resourcing.
-Key member of the account management team for delivery across the whole range of Medical Communications products and services.
- Autonomously manage projects on-time and on-budget according to SOPs and client standards
- Responsible for managing client accounts by delivering superior customer service, providing strong leadership/guidance, directing strategic publication planning services, and partnering with Senior Management in new business activities
- Key contact for internal and external stakeholders- proactive and responsive, adept at publication planning, comfortable with assessing scientific content, highly capable in leading teams, and accomplished in developing and managing new business proposals.
- Managing strategic publication plans including abstracts, posters, primary and review articles
- Develop and implement budgets and milestones with client teams on all projects
- Attend and manage client meetings and scientific meetings as part of the delivery team, as required
- Attend and manage internal status meetings with team, including updating all meeting minutes and meeting reports
- Partner with the Senior Management team to share in the accountability for the total growth and profitability results for a major client relationship.
- Definitive and communicable understanding of the critical success factors and likely risks or challenges associated with those various strategies and tactics
- Responsible for all client contact -internal and external-with a consistent focus on agency profitability, resource productivity and growth, client satisfaction and endorsement of agency's superior capability
- Both organic growth and new business responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a publications/medical communications company
- Bachelor's degree (candidates with an advanced degree and/or CMPP certification preferred)
- Experience in leading, developing, and implementing publication plans
- Experienced managing a variety of clients, plus project managing a large workload over a number of different accounts
- Ability to understand scientific content and develop strategic publication and/or medical communication plans
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and PubSTRAT and/or Datavision
- Able to assist in organic growth of assigned accounts
- Travel: Position requires domestic and/or international travel
Benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts