Investigo are currently partnered with a well known Accountancy Practice who are looking to hire a Audit Senior for their London based Business Advisory team.
The Audit Senior will be primarily responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing financial documents, audit reports, accounts, tax returns;
- Identifying and communicating accounting and auditing matters to managers;
- Conducting assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Although the job holder will be formally assigned to the Business Advisory Group, all audit seniors and trainee chartered accountants, within the London office, belong to a central resource called the London staff pool. It is the firm's intention to provide, through the pool, a broad and varied range of experience to all fee-earning staff in the Business Advisory and Private Wealth and Estates Groups.
The operation of a staff pool ensures the continuous development of high quality, flexible, generalist skills in these two London groups. In addition, it also creates increased opportunities for staff to develop and improve their profile within the firm, as well as giving senior staff and Partners the exposure to the full range of resources available to them. Staff can progress from the pool into a variety of more senior positions within the firm.
There is also the opportunity to work on one-off projects, particularly within our corporate finance department.
Our audit seniors are also given the opportunity to manage a small portfolio of jobs which helps develop them for the next stage in their development and career progression.
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm.
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm's goals.
- A minimum 2.1 degree is required.
- Minimum 2-4 years auditing and accounting experience.
- ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent with good pass rates in the professional exams.
- Ability to identify, research and help to resolve complex audit issues.
- Ability to manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Technically strong with a good knowledge of accounting and auditing standards