Senior Business Intelligence Analyst // Data // SQL // London // Permanent
Our client a London market insurer has a requirement for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join their Business Intelligence team where they will enable the business to use data to deliver a competitive advantage and drive business insights. This is a permanent role that will be London based (although currently remote)
- Defines the business intelligence capabilities that satisfy the broader business objectives and value proposition.
- Ensures that the business capability requirements align to the business intelligence and data strategy roadmaps.
- Point of contact for business for all business intelligence and analytics work relating to their area including activities that they might not be directly accountable for.
- Manages a portfolio of work.
- Leads the ongoing rationalisation of business intelligence assets in their area to ensure they are providing utmost value for business outcomes.
- Manipulates raw data and understand the ultimate design required to meet business requests.
- Facilitates cross functional requirement sessions about complex information needs and documents requirements; includes working with stakeholders to prioritise requirements based on Business Intelligence capabilities and business needs.
- Define, plan and execute tests to ensure quality of results.
- Proactively stays abreast of data sources, identify best internal and external data sources in response to business requests.
- Coaches, mentors and develops team members.
- Thorough knowledge of business analysis techniques.
- General knowledge of project management techniques.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies.
- General knowledge of Insurance products/concepts.
- Expert with Microsoft office products.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, across multiple functions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, build and maintain credibility with others.
- Intermediate project management skills and ability to see results to completion.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Intermediate programming skills in any high level language (e.g. of the following; Python, R, SAS) preferred.