£51,810 - £59,405
- Are you CIPS qualified (or equivalent)?
- Are you an experienced procurement expert that boasts excellent stakeholder engagement skills?
- Do you have experience in either of these categories or a blend; IT, Property. Professional Services or Market Research?
- Have you got experience working for a public sector/Central Government?
If yes, then I want to speak to you ASAP!
My client is a small Government department that is currently going through a transformation as a whole, as well as their commercial function. Since Brexit, the department is taking on a larger role and is playing quite a vital role for the UK. The department is aiming to move from transactional function to more of a strategic commercial function. As Principal Commercial Manager you will play a leading role in the department's Commercial Team delivering innovative, compliant and effective commercial arrangements in an exciting and diverse environment.
The post holder will use their knowledge of the marketplace to maximise value and will manage key areas of our commercial portfolio in innovative ways, including supporting complex change programmes, the use of joint ventures, outsourcing and best-in class contracting approaches. This role is pivotal in building a strong commercial department with the necessary capability to deliver the department's business needs whilst ensuring value for money is delivered and providing assurance to the Accounting Officer. As a senior commercial manager you will also support the Head of Commercial and Procurement in delivering an exciting programme of transformation designed to deliver a commercial function with the capability to deliver an exceptional quality of service in the post Brexit and pandemic environment.
- Lead and manage key areas of procurement on a day to day basis, including technology, property and professional services, exhibiting standards of excellence whilst providing a flexible, responsive and high performing service.
- Take a key role in developing and implementing the outsourced delivery of various corporate services.
- Be accountable for the efficient, assured and compliant delivery of new commercial arrangements, working with other functions and stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
- Ensure maximum savings and benefits are delivered to the organisation through a programme of commercial transformation.
- Ensure that contract management is a consideration in all procurement activity undertaken.
- Drive contractual performance using professional expertise and market knowledge to obtain excellent outcomes, particularly in relation to price and contractual performance standards.
- Build commercial knowledge, awareness and capability across the organisation, enabling the business to make to make informed sourcing decisions that support delivery of operational outcomes.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders to regularly monitor supplier performance, taking necessary corrective action to ensure that organisational objectives are met.
What you need to succeed?
- A proven track record in managing day to day commercial delivery in a dynamic and fast moving business environment.
- A proven track record as a senior commercial professional with extensive experience of contracting goods and services across a broad range of categories, including technology, property and professional services.
- The ability to provide strong and inspirational leadership to build teams, deliver results, recognise outstanding performance and deal effectively with under performance.
- The ability to scope, plan and ensure the delivery of commercial strategies and write concise commercial policies and procedures, which set direction aligned to the department's corporate framework.
- A proven track-record in contract management in a Public Sector environment with the ability to lead negotiations and resolve contentious commercial issues, delivering value-for-money results.
What's in it for you?
- Civil service pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Subsidised gym membership
- The opportunity to work for an outstanding leader
- The chance to join a forward-thinking government organisation that is going through a high level of change (for the better!)
- Hybrid working model
If you believe you possess the right skills and experience to succeed in this role, then I want to talk with you ASAP. The closing date for this role is Monday 4th October so time is of the essence. For further information or to receive a full JD, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org