A well-known retailer are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst with Inventory experience to join their team on an initial 6 month contract.
The purpose of this role is to ensure accountability for the overall accuracy and completeness of Inventory; both physical and financial.
Manage physical inventory controls, accurately completing a month end checklist.
Prepare and delivery monthly financial reconciliation and reports for Inventory reporting.
Manage and assist with processing of inventory adjustments, transfers and count adjustments.
Key Experience Required
- Experience of detailed and complex balance sheet reconciliations, including Inventory.
- Knowledge of accounting costing models, including standard costs.
- Inventory Control & Financial Reconciliation
- Responsible for ensuring the system inventory quantities accurately reflects the actual physical balances across all locations.
- Responsible for ensuring controls around inventory movement and transfers are maintained, by regularly checking unapproved/invalid locations for zero inventory values.
- Applying business control and logic to ensure inventory balance integrity is maintained, challenging business change rationale.
- Using Inventory management (BI) reporting and Financial Ledgers to reconcile and support the balance sheet values for Inventory in all locations
- Financial reconciliation of landed cost elements, such as Freight and Duties, supporting periodic balance sheet values.
- Periodic reporting of management accounts for warehouse, logistics and supply chain costs, including relevant KPIs.
- Periodic reporting of management accounts reflecting accurate balance sheet values.
- Inventory Processing Management
- Responsibility for ensuring inventory adjustments and transfers are processed in AX in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for ensuring timely reporting of inventory balance variances between AX, and Retail POD (Cegid) and WMS (Synapse) to NA IT Team.
- Inventory Audit Processing Management
- Ensuring up to date reporting on all inventory losses and related KPIs.
- Manage scheduling and relationship with the 3rd party audit team (RGIS).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
- 4+ years' of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong quantitative financial skills