This Senior Finance Analyst role offers a unique opportunity to be a truly commercial Finance Business Partner in a hugely successful retail business.
Sitting at the heart of Finance, the Business Analysis team (part of Business Planning and Analysis) are an essential part of the business. The team is responsible for producing the financial analysis and associated business cases for key strategic decisions, as well as providing insightful and high-exposure ad-hoc analysis. The Business Analysis team supports the whole organisation, partnering across Marketing, Operations, Property, Merchandising, Buying, Distribution, Ecommerce and more.
You will be responsible for delivering on exciting projects by providing insightful analysis-utilising multiple data sources and visualisation techniques-to effectively communicate the answers to key business questions. This role offers a great opportunity to gain exposure to the entire Senior Leadership Team, including the European CFO.
Key Responsibilities include
- Partnering with functions across the organisation, providing financial and analytical support towards their goals and priorities
- Work with the Business Analysis Manager to provide cohesive analytical support to help inform strategic business decisions
- Continually challenge current thinking and make recommendations on how to optimise business opportunities and minimise risk/cost to the business
- Work with business partners to build financial business cases to support large scale investments
- Support the business to conduct trials, consult non-finance professionals on Test and Learn best practice, analyse results using statistical software and present findings back to Senior Leadership
- Develop an understanding of the competitive pressures and potential implications facing the business and offer alternatives/solutions
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Highly analytical with an ability to use business intelligence to generate impactful insight
- Strong business modelling skills
- Curious to learn and understand the off-price retail model
- Possess initiative and a drive to problem solve
- Forward thinking with a flexible attitude
- An excellent communicator; skilled in translating financial or complex analysis in a simple and effective manner
- Be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to interrogate multiple large data sets and utilise analytical tools such as Excel (essential) and Power BI or similar (desirable)
- Accounting qualification, MBA, or similar business planning experience preferred
- Experience within a consumer facing business (Retail/FMCG) desirable