The post holder will manage the Health and Safety Advisor team to provide the Homes for Haringey with competent health and safety advice, knowledge, support and expertise to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation, regulation and HSE requirements, including the implementation of health and safety systems, risk management model to ensure a safe working environment, work practices, training and equipment.
The Senior Health and Safety Advisor will be responsible to the Head of Health, Safety and Compliance for effective delivery of HFH's Health and Safety strategy, leading to a risk managed approach to meeting HFH's statutory responsibilities.
To develop & implement Health & Safety strategies, policies and procedures in line with legislative requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of HSC to develop and deliver a comprehensive safety management system based on risk and implement processes to assess effectiveness and compliance across HFH activities.
- Work with senior managers, managers and team leaders to discharge the service's responsibilities, work closely and proactively with Heads of Service, Managers, Team Leaders, Members and residents.
- Produce and update HFH legal register setting out the strategic and operational risks for the business with management controls against all applicable regulations/standards based on the operation and responsibilities of HFH as a employer/landlord.
- Produce HFHs Safety Strategy setting clear targets and objectives to improve the safety culture and improve controls in place for the management of operational and staff related safety.
- Provide comprehensive advice and guidance on property health and safety issues, including fire risk assessments, legionella management and asbestos management.
- Ensure effective use and management of budget for the Health and Safety team and resources.
- Identify and deliver training on guidance and advice on health and safety.
- Carry out specific health & safety audits and visits to HFH sites to assess risk and provide advice and guidance to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Produce and implement an annual audit management plan across the business to assess the effectiveness of current Policies and Procedures producing Action Plans to address any areas of risk or improvements required.
- Develop and maintain a suite of health and safety policies, procedures and guides to support staff and managers in understanding their statutory responsibilities.
- Produce HFH Health and Wellbeing Policy setting SMART targets to improve the working environment for HFH staff.
- To be resourceful and innovative; be able to find an effective and fresh and modern solution to a problem. Be able to embrace a solution focused approach to health and safety.
- Promote the wellbeing of staff through appropriate communication channels which may include briefings, training and coaching.
- Oversee the effective management of HFH Health and Safety Committee and supporting committees. Including forward plans, terms of reference, reports and minutes.
- Develop and review the Team plan to achieve the strategic and operational targets for the business setting clear direction based on risk.
- Accountable for the onboing review of health and safety targets to meet changing business, economic, legal and demographic needs.
- Ensure the implementation of effective processes for managingConstruction (Design and Management) Regulation 2015 across the property directorate to ensure that HFH discharges its responsibilities.
- Develop and deliver cost efficient CDM services and advice to HfH from tender stage to completion, liaising effectively and productively with members of project teams.
- Oversee the production of Preconstruction Information Packs, onsite inspections, site audits and Health & Safety Files to discharge the requirements of CDM2015.
- Manage and develop the health and safety team of advisors and administrator, producing and monitoring work plans, ensuring set targets are met and identifying training needs.
- Deputise for the Head of Health, Safety and Compliance as and when necessary and attend out of normal working hour's meetings, events and other activities as and when necessary.
- Act as an ambassador for the Health and Safety function. Liaise with HR and others who commission health and safety training and advise on health and safety training requirements.
- Support capital works and HRS in managing construction risk and CDM process
- Manage HfH Potentially Violent Clients list, ensuring all incidents are investigated and review process is managed efficiently.
- Seek to reduce and manage risk in a measured and pragmatic way, suitable to the needs of the HFH
- Respond to feedback and legislative change seeking to continually improve and embed high standards of health and safety.
Support the development of the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor, and the wider HR team in their understanding of this service area.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
Chartered Member of IOSH or equivalent
If you are interested in this role - please contact me: email@example.com