Stealth-mode AAV gene therapy and engineering company
Greater Los Angeles, CA area
Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics
The primary focus for the company is next generation sequencing, so the tools that go into that are focused on large data set analysis and modeling, generic data storage/architecture, and software development to support other work in the company.
- PhD with 0-3 years of postdoctoral and/or industry experience or MS with 3-6 years in bioinformatics, biostats, or computational biology.
- Basic Git source code management experience
- Expert understanding of DNA and RNA sequencing.
- Proficiency in data processing, bioinformatics tools, statistics, and programming.
- Basic understanding of chemistry, biology, and genetics.
- Experience in protein engineering or machine learning is highly desired.
- Excellent organization and communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now to be contacted with further details. This is not a fully remote role.