Syndicate Accountant - Insurance - London
A leading insurance business with an excellent reputation in their market, is currently hiring for a Syndicate Accountant to join their UK business. You will play a key role within the Finance team in making sure that financial information is current, accurate and complete.
Key Responsibilities - Syndicate Accountant:
- Production of Lloyd's reports (QMA/QSR/ASR/ASB) for external regulatory reporting
- Develop and review complex analysis and reports
- Review complex financial activities for various business lines including journal entries and reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of quarterly QMA/QSR and ASR/ASB returns to Lloyd's including reconciliation of US to UK GAAP
- Obtain necessary data to support financial analysis
- Develop and maintain MI and control tools inc TM1 and Business Objects
- Preparation of internal and external audit documentation
- Prepare analysis to support business planning & budgeting process including syndicate 5000 reports
- Build effective working relationships with internal stakeholders inc underwriters and internal & external auditors.
- Maintain an effective internal controls environment in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with post-qualified experience in Lloyd's reporting / SII reporting. Working knowledge of Insurance annual accounts and terminology is key as well as a sound all-round knowledge of accounting within an Insurance business.
Having sat the Lloyd's test would be beneficial as well as a thorough working knowledge of Excel, being comfortable manipulating and building complex datasheets. Previous working experience of Business Objects / TM1 will be an advantage.
This is a great opportunity to work for a highly reputable business with a track record of developing their people internally. This is a broad Finance role which will be well suited to a technically strong accountant who is comfortable building strong internal and external working relationships.
For more information get in touch or apply now for immediate consideration.