Technical Support Analyst
Mostly remote, with occasional travel to Gateshead - £22,000 - £24,000
Our Nationwide Non-profit client have an immediate requirement for a Technical Support Analyst to join on a permanent basis. While this role is mostly remote, there will be occasional last-minute travel to the Gateshead office, so living nearby is essential.
Key duties for the Technical Support Analyst:
- Keeping the service desk tickets up to date.
- Respond to IT incidents, problems and requests resolving them in line with agreed levels of service and to the user's satisfaction recording all information as required by local IT processes.
- Support users in using standard office systems and other software in use
- Set up, maintain and remove user accounts, file sharing and mailboxes as required and in line with audit and security policies and procedures.
- Install and test new software, download and apply updates and patches in line with agreed policy and procedures. Build packages as required.
- Acceptance test new desktop hardware and build/configure/install in line with Manage Change process and ensuring user satisfaction.
- Configure and support mobile devices, including phones, smartphones and laptops.
- Undertake routine monitoring and maintenance tasks including server monitoring. Attend out of hours where necessary to assist in resolving incidents and/or undertake planned maintenance with minimum impact on users.
- Ensure anti-virus software is up to date and working effectively on all equipment as required.
- Backup data according to policy and procedures and support periodic tests to ensure recovery in the event of systems failure or loss.
- Develop knowledge of specific aspects of organisations systems, such as networking, VPN, build management, backup and replication etc, to provide increasing levels of 2nd and 3rd level support over time.
- Support continuous improvement of services, systems and processes through improved quality management and documentation.
- To be responsible for and able to evidence own personal development by undertaking relevant training, attending meetings, conferences and events ensuring that you are updated in all matters relevant to the role within your Personal Development Plan agreed with your manager.
Technical experience required for the Technical Support Analyst:
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and associated routing technologies, fibre and copper LAN technologies.
- Understanding of IT support processes and their associated business benefits.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and related user accounts management and permissions.
- Good knowledge of PC hardware architecture and assembly.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows, including advanced configuration techniques.
- Good knowledge of normal Office software, including email, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge of Office 365, in particular Outlook, OneDrive, teams and Sharepoint.
- Good knowledge of Mac / iPad configuration and setup, and mobile devices such as iPhone, Android, Windows phones.