Incident Analyst | ServiceNow | ITIL4 | Data | Birmingham | Inside IR35 | Remote with some travel to Birmingham
An exciting opportunity has risen for an Incident Analyst to join our team. This is a dynamic role where you will use your technical knowledge and know how to manage the lifecycle of incidents and deliver a first fix where possible.
Our Technology Operations Centre (TOC) exists to deliver a full-service management capability for our critical operational technology services. This enables our Regional Operations Centres to successfully manage the strategic road network by using our services to operate roadside equipment, manage on-road resources and connect with our customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. These technologies include those implemented at the roadside, telecommunications services, and the Regional Operations Centres.
The Incident Analyst is responsible for the analysis of event logs, incidents and problems including the identification of underlying issues, patterns, trends with technology. They are responsible for timely administration of incident tickets, from identification to resolution. They will also support management with the identification and progression of service improvements for customers and stakeholders.
To be successful
- Experience in quickly and efficiently analysing large volumes data
- Experience of leading on an incident and managing through to resolution
- Ability to translate and communicate accurate information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders / users
- Experience of working with software tools, such as ServiceNow or similar, which support effective IT service management
- Understanding of IT service and performance management processes and practices.
- Previous service desk or incident management experience is essential.
- ITIL 4 foundation is desirable.