We are looking for a VAT Accountant to join our Finance team. This role is responsible for Indirect Taxes across UK and international, covering compliance, internal controls and advice to the business. This role will suit a candidate with strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
What you will do as our VAT Accountant?
· Prepare and file UK, Irish and Jersey VAT/GST returns
· Review European Indirect tax compliance outsourced to external advisors.
· Reconcile accounts and post VAT journals.
· Set up Tax registrations and compliance processes in new territories.
· Work with the digital team and overseas marketplaces to ensure distance sales indirect tax compliance across Europe, North and South America,
· Support the supply chain team on import VAT and customs duty related issues
· Assist the commercial finance team with VAT payments/repayments forecasts
· Improve processes, procedures and internal controls
· Assist with the "Making Tax Digital" implementation
· Monitor and report on regulatory and legislative regimes, identifying potential tax issues or consequences and advise management of effective solutions
· Manage third party relationships with auditors, tax advisors and HMRC
· Business partner with other departments to ensure tax function is included in key discussions which may have a tax implication
· Provide support to manager on broader tax matters such as corporate income tax, transfer pricing, SDLT and employment taxes
What you will need to succeed as our VAT Accountant?
· Previous experience in Indirect Taxes gained in practice or in-house in a similar industry (including sale of goods)
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex tax issues in a clear and concise manner
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Strong numeracy, reconciliation and Excel skills
If you have the following this would be a huge bonus:
· Tax (CTA/ATT) or Accounting (ACA/ACCA) qualification
· International experience
· Retail experience, preferably including online
· Experience manipulating and analysing large volumes of data and report writing
- £45-55k - dependant on level of experience / qualification
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work/season ticket loan
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance