Head of HR
Hybrid working - 1 day per week minimum on site in Farringdon, London
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Careers & Enterprise Company
- Are you an experienced Head of HR that has experience of designing and delivering an HR strategy?
- Do you boast excellent leadership skills?
- Are you keen to work for an ambitious, growing organisation that's mission is to transform young people's lives through education?
- Do you want to be the face of change and build a legacy for years to come?
- Do you find it easy building relationships at all levels?
If this sounds like you, then get in touch ASAP
Having worked with Careers & Enterprise Company since 2020, I am delighted that they have engaged me once again on an exclusive basis to help them to support them with this crucial hire.
Who are they?
Careers & Enterprise Company or "CEC" are the national body for careers education in England, delivering support to schools and colleges to deliver modern, 21st century careers education. Their mission is to help every young person find their best next step.
"The people are amazing! They're extremely passionate about what they do and what they're trying to achieve. We have a fantastic, friendly culture here. Everyone is extremely engaging and outcomes driven - it's a great place to work!" - Jenny Lester, Current Head of HR & OD
Leading CEC's People agenda, the Head of HR has responsibility for the design and delivery of the HR strategy, compliance with our duties as an employer but most of all ensuring CEC remains a great place to work.
A member of the Extended Leadership team and accountable to the Senior Leadership Team and Audit committee on the People agenda, this role is highly visible and key to in embedding the company culture, values, ways of working and the growth of its people.
Managing the HR team to deliver an exemplary professionally service,setting out a clear vision and work plan, communicating and managing change. Whilst developing a small team to excel, you will need to be organised, approachable and inspiring as well as a trusted advisor with expert knowledge.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To lead, motivate and develop the HR team, delegating to other HR staff as
- To lead the development of HR strategy and its implementation in support of CEC's mission
- and delivery of key performance
- To contribute to people and talent development by developing areas such as; innovation in resourcing, staff development and the employee
- To enhance employer reputation and imaginatively develop reward and
- To provide leadership, advice and guidance on high performance, ER and engagement.
- To play a lead role in equity. inclusion and diversity, supporting the ED&I Forum and other initiatives as part of a broader investment in the development of CEC
- To build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including Board & Senior Leadership Team members, Heads of Departments, in influencing and responding to the CEC's people management agenda and
- To play a key role in policy development, planning, development and
- To develop innovative and sustainable operating models for key services such as Recruitment and Staff Development ensuring they deliver high quality services in support of organisational objectives.
- Work with the Internal Communications team to build a regular drumbeat of HR related activities and sign post any key projects and milestones
The successful candidate
- Member or Fellow of the CIPD or other relevant professional body, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience leading a HR team in a role that manages all aspects of the HR journey for a company.
- Proven track record of strong stakeholder management, with ability to quickly establish credibility and build strong working relationships within the company and with
- Strong current knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common-sense
- Proven track record of recruiting and managing diverse and high performing
- Proven track record implementing change and improvements in HR operational
- Experience of developing and implementing systems and their ongoing capability
- Experience of working in an SME and or non-profit organisation
- Strong skills level in Microsoft Applications
- Knowledge of IRIS Cascade
- 28 days paid holiday annually (pro rata to when you join) plus Bank Holidays
- 5 days for volunteering per year (pro rata to when you join)
- 5% matched group personal pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash plan
- Life Insurance
- Perkbox benefit portal - offering a range of retail discounts
- Nursery Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Primary Professional Subscription
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you believe you possess the right skills and experience to succeed in this role, then I want to talk with you ASAP. For further information or to receive a full JD, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or apply below.