Head of People
Salary: Circa £67,750 plus £4,500 car allowance
- Are you an experience HR leader?
- Would you like to work for an organisation that is going through a large amount of positive change?
- Have you previously had oversight to more than just a HR function (facilities? Wider corp services?)
If so, this opportunity may be perfect for you!
I am delighted to be working exclusively on this Head of People role for a key third sector client of mine. After working with the Interim HR Director for over four years, they have engaged me once again to help them to secure this extremely important hire.
This organisation is going through a vast amount of really exciting change and you will be at the heart of it!
Lead and deliver an inspirational People Service which provides innovation, interventions and solutions to create a dynamic offering, enabling others to create a high performing culture and engaged workforce. Lead a customer focused Facilities Service, efficiently and effectively meeting the needs and ensuring the welfare of the occupants and users of the organisations offices.
- Implement the People Strategy, and related systems and practice that support our culture and reflect our values and behaviours
- Drive a commercial and transparent HR offering which is inquisitive, supportive and adaptable, challenging traditional mindsets and inspiring others with a future thinking HR proposition. Keep abreast on HR trends and share knowledge for areas of improvement
- Provide clear and inspirational leadership, to motivate and develop the HR team to deliver high quality, customer-centred services, developing, implementing and continuously improving people management practice to maximise individual performance
- Be an ambassador for equality, diversity and inclusion and ensure it is firmly embedded within the organisation and that the value of differences is realised
- Promote employee engagement and well-being
- Lead for the employee representative's group, ensuring effective two way communication and appropriate actions
- Ensure HR and facilities functions are delivered in line with budget.
- MCIPD qualified or equivalent experience
- Extensive operational and strategic HR experience
- Significant experience of equality, diversity and inclusion practices
- Demonstrable experience of building key relationships quickly, and sustaining them
- Proven experience of recommending strategic interventions which have provided a clear return on investment
- Experienced business case creation and articulation, applying effective HR models as required
- Significant experience of general business management working at senior management level as part of leadership team
- Significant experience of team leadership and development, with proven ability to develop an motivate teams to maximise potential and drive up individual performance
- Leadership of a facilities function or other function outside of the HR environment.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Proven leadership and team building skills
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Able to deliver bad news and give it a positive outlook as well as an ability to influence senior management
- Proven ability to write reports and present complex information suitable for a variety of audiences
- Excellent employment law knowledge, proven experience with Employment Tribunals and complex employee relations cases
- Successful influencer
- Ability to flex style between strategic and operational to gain a desired outcome
- Delivers solutions through innovation
- Demonstrable experience in changing HR in an organisation to future proof and disrupt traditional HR thinking
- Ability to create a dynamic, engaged and fun environment
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory frameworks relating to HR
- Knows where to apply the rules and when to challenge the status quo.
This role is available immediately but please do not be put off if you have a notice period as my client would prefer to get the right person. If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please email Richard on email@example.com