HEAD OF PEOPLE SERVICES
UP TO £64,000 PER ANNUM + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- Are you a HR services/operations specialist looking for your next role?
- Do you pride yourself on delivering exceptional customer service for your stakeholders and wider business?
- Do you have experience of managing teams?
- Do you have a track record of developing systems?
- Have you overseen a recruitment function that needs upskilling and improvement around process and best practice?
- Have you got experience of case management?
If so, I want to speak to you!
I am delighted to be partnering this London-based University to secure their next Head of People Services.
This role is all about setting up and developing a new function. The Head of People Services is primarily accountable for the delivery of high-quality employment related, transactional and advisory services to Schools and Professional Services departments across the university.
Working with the Deputy Director and other Senior colleagues, this role will also contribute to the development and delivery of the HR People Plan, policy development and projects across the directorate, and across the university more generally. Leading a team of circa 15 staff, the Head of People Services will champion the behaviours and values of the university, fostering a culture of service excellence, and work with colleagues across HR to enhance capacity and capability within the team.
Principal areas of Accountability and Responsibility (including, but not limited to)
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, championing a culture of service excellence and a 'One HR' team.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the HR directorate, including, the Organisational Development, and Equality, Diversity & Inclusion teams, contributing to service and policy development.
- Ensure delivery of a high quality, customer experience for managers, staff, and candidates through effective leadership of the People Services Team.
- Provide a compliant HR advisory service to managers in Schools and Professional Service directorates, responding to employment issues through effective management of resources.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of all recruitment activity, ensuring policy and process delivers against business demand. Liaise with managers and HR colleagues to ensure a premium candidate and customer experience is maintained at all times.
- Ensure exemplary data management standards are maintained at all times, through appropriate use of HR systems in accordance with GDPR and MI requirements.
- Contribute to the HR reporting cycle, supporting the development of KPIs, Dashboards and other analytical tools to monitor and report on service performance, statutory reporting, and ED&I objectives.
- Support the HR Senor Team with senior management appointments processes as required.
- Develop and implement robust administration systems and tools to underpin the service to customers, including contracts of employment, job descriptions, job adverts and other relevant templates and materials.
- Proactively contribute to the development of the HR People Plan, projects and all relevant policy and procedure as required
- Help foster a culture of shared learning across all HR teams and specifically within the People Services Team, working with Organisational Development colleagues to enhance capability and quality of our service offer.
- Champion a culture of compliance through effect implementation and adherence to all relevant policies, including those relating to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Health and Safety and Data Protection.
- An experienced HR professional, having delivered high quality HR services in large, complex, and diverse organisations, including, Recruitment, HR Administration and HR Advisory functions.
- A proven people manager, having led and developed diverse teams to achieve service excellence, managing resources to optimise service delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing stakeholder relations in a fast paced, delivery focused environment.
- Ability to develop systems and processes to support the delivery of high- quality services within a shared services environment.
- Good knowledge of employment law relating to employee relations, employment rights, UKVI, GDPR, disclosure barring service and equality and diversity.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver professional advice on HR/people development issues in different contexts.
- Professional credibility and ability to influence at a senior level.
- Leadership and management skills including operational management e.g., work planning, resource planning and performance management.
- Exercise sound judgement on operational matters within the wider business/operational context.
Why else should you apply?
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent pension scheme along with a plethora of other employee benefits
- Hybrid working
My client is looking to appoint immediately. Please either apply below or for further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org