HR BUSINESS PARTNER
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL SECRETARIAT
ROLE TYPE: PERMANENT
START DATE: ASAP
After working in partnership with Amnesty International Secretariat over the last year to place some of their most influential and business-critical hires within the people function, I am delighted to be retained by them once again to source their newest HR Business Partner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's leading human rights charities as they go through a large people and systems change project. You will not only get to work for one of the most high-profile charities in the world, but you will also get to work with and report into an outstanding People Director.
Jill Berry (Director of People & OD) is a global leader who joined the organisation back in February 2021 after operating as a Senior Vice President/HR Director for over 25 years in the commercial world. Jill has been brought in to lead the people and systems change to drive the business forward, empower HR's voice across the organisation, get the HR function to a "fit-for-purpose" state and to make Amnesty International Secretariat an employer of choice.
Overview from Jill Berry
Amnesty International is a fast paced energetic environment who positively impact the lives of others across the globe.
Our People & Organisational Development team are embarking on an ambitious global transformation programme. The change required is extensive and our aim is to build a successful HR team who can communicate and execute effectively at every stage of this far reaching project. To achieve our ambition we require a collaborative team player who is willing to step outside of their comfort zone to develop innovative solutions and help us deliver the reform required to support our meaningful work.
The job will be busy, at times it will be very vague and you must be able to operate in the grey. I need someone who can operate strategically to develop a resource plan as well as someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves.
The key buckets of work are as follows:
- Rebuilding systems (new HR system, upgrade of recruitment system)
- Redesign all processes (starters, leavers, hiring, salary changes, maternity/paternity/regrading/payroll/onboarding/induction etc)
- Review of all policies and handbooks to ensure consistence throughout the organisation
- Drive the anti-racist agenda as part of the Racial Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Group (anti-racist training/reading circles/employee support groups/facilitated open discussions
- Support the Employee Experience Programme (wellbeing, employee support groups, designing a flexible working future, flexible development opportunities/mentoring programme)
- Business Partners leading the organisation through this change programme.
- As part of the POD management team, actively partner the organisation to drive the implementation any initiatives arising from initiatives such as Employee Experience, Racial Equality, Diversity & Inclusion or Culture Survey, to shift Amnesty into a positive culture and vision led organisation
- Working in partnership and consulting with Senior Directors and their management teams, providing support, coaching and guidance in all HR related matters including organisational design, development, case, and change management and escalating when necessary.
- Partner the business to create plans to attract, retain and motivate their people which in turn will help them achieve their strategic goals.
- Work with designated client group to develop succession and development plans around their people to enable them to succeed
- Working in partnership and consulting with Senior Directors and their management teams, providing support and guidance in all HR related matters including organisational design, development, case, and change management and escalating when necessary.
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the POD centres of excellence to identify, develop and implement focusing on strategic issues that contribute to the growth of Amnesty International
- Take responsibility for ensuring all activities carried out promote the values of a diverse workforce, do not discriminate against sections of the community covered by equality legislation and are compliant with human rights legislation
- Some travel to the regional offices may be required as and when COVID restrictions are eased
Essential skills required
- CIPD or other post graduate qualification in human resources/organisation development or equivalent by experience.
- Will have extensive Business Partner expertise.
- Will have operated in a complex multi-site, matrixed environment with preferably an international focus.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of employment law(s) and good practice people management, including experience of supporting complex casework.
Personal style and attributes
- Will lead by example, possesses a high degree of integrity and sense of confidentiality.
- Personally credible, with gravitas that generates the trust and confidence of managers and staff.
- Possesses a high level of resilience and drive, able to be flexible and change orientation as required.
- A team player
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below or contact Richard Grove on Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org to request further details. Deadline for this role is Friday 30th April 2021 with first stage interviews due to take place w/c 10th May 2021.