HR Business Partner
£39,500 - £45,700 per annum
- Are you CIPD qualified (or equivalent)?
- Are you an experienced HR generalist that boasts excellent stakeholder engagement skills?
- Do you have experience of Job Evaluation, Employee Relations and HR Projects?
- Have you got experience working for a complex public sector organisation?
If yes, then I want to speak to you ASAP!
After working with this client as a sole recruitment partner for several years, they have engaged me once again on an exclusive basis to help them to secure an HR Business Partner to start on an immediate basis.
Working closely with the Senior HR Business Partner, your role will be to deliver a high quality HR business partnering service to various parts of the business, as well actively contributing to the effective implementation of the people strategy.
Based in London, this role is available for an immediate start and on an initial 9-month fixed term contract basis.
- Provide support to line managers in the implementation of the directorate people plan, advising on and delivering key people processes (i.e. performance management, talent management, reward modelling, job evaluation, L&D interventions).
- Work collaboratively with SME colleagues in L&D and Resourcing to ensure that directorate's inclusive people plan requirements are factored into Resourcing and L&D planning and activities, and that relevant advice is sought for clients as needed.
- Identify the capability gaps within the directorate and work with colleagues to advise on routes to build, borrow or buy capability as required.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to people issues within policy particularly where there is a financial, legal or reputational risk to the organisation
- Lead on all directorate employment relations cases including escalations from the People Centre providing expert advice and guidance to the client group.
- Provide the Senior HRBP and directorate with agreed monthly people related management information (bespoke and generic), contributing to reporting on HR SLA's and KPI's as required.
- Undertake job evaluation, maintaining governance for job evaluation scheme and ensuring they are processed within service level agreements.
- Support HR colleagues (especially the second HRBP) in delivering day to day business activity
- Coach/mentor HR Advisers and Admin Officers
- Suggest ways in which to enhance HR effectiveness and efficiency and take the lead in implementing these
What you need to succeed?
- Job evaluation experience - including the management of consequential outcomes
- Ability to deliver HR/people related training/development events
- Analytical skills - ability to extract management information, analyse and interpret the data, making balanced recommendations on findings
- Employee relations management - confident in management of ER cases with ability to recognise key risks and provide commercial, risk-based advice to line managers
- Communication - able to communicate in a clear, concise and accurate manner using a range of media
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting priorities and respond quickly to emerging people matters
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement, anticipate issues and create innovative solutions
- Must be able to maintain discretion and use initiative
- Interest in/commitment to advancing the organisational equality/inclusion agenda
- Awareness of the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental issues affecting the People and Estates agenda
- Commercial knowledge - broad understanding of business operations
- Sound IT skills including Excel
- Strong team-working and customer-focus ethic
- CIPD qualified (or equivalent)
- Stakeholder management
What's in it for you?
- Civil service pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Subsidised gym membership
- The opportunity to work for an outstanding leader
- The chance to join a forward-thinking government organisation that is going through a high level of change (for the better!)
If you believe you possess the right skills and experience to succeed in this role, then I want to talk with you ASAP. The closing date for this role is Monday 2nd December so time is of the essence. For further information or to receive a full JD, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org