HR COVID TEST LEAD
6 month FTC
£45,000 to £48,000 per annum (Pro-rata)
I am delighted to once again be partnering this world-class not-for-profit organisation to build a brand new "Test and Trace" Covid project team.
This is a unique opportunity to join the HR Operations team on a full-time 6-month fixed term contract. This role will play a pivotal part in supporting the staff COVID testing programme in order to ensure that they continue to offer a safe working environment and minimise any risk of infection during this unprecedented and busy time.
This role reports directly to the Director of HR Operations and has line management responsibilities for 2 Coordinators. It requires an ability to work in a collegial and professional manner in order to primarily operate and oversee the delivery of a highly responsive, internal efficient track and trace service, as well as leading the HR workstream of the start-up and delivery of an efficient COVID vaccination programme.
Note: as testing pipeline operates 24/7, flexibility with working outside of core hours including weekends is required. This will be for initial contacts only and where excessive, time in lieu will be given. As a guide, although unpredictable, number of cases vary from 3-12 per week. As this is classed as an essential role within the business, you will be required to be present in the building 2-3 days per week.
- Ensure process and checklists are continuously reviewed and updated enhancing the staff testing process to be as efficient and timely as possible
- Ensure all the required track and trace steps are taken on receipt of notification of a positive test; these include (but not limited to:
- make and manage an immediate initial contact with the positive staff member to ensure no return to the building for the duration of the isolation period
- initial welfare messaging and support
- gain an immediate understanding of their movements within the organisation
- detailed understanding of any relevant close contacts
- follow up with close contacts / advise on next steps and testing
- Organise and co-ordinate testing of all relevant parties
- Instruct and organise cleaning of relevant areas with colleagues in the Hubs, Housekeeping and Security
- Support line managers with messaging to their teams/labs when they have a positive case in their department
- Provide timely responses to all queries and challenges received via various channels, such as process, isolation protocols, results
- Maintain regular contact with staff impacted during their isolation period
- Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders where necessary to resolve H&S and operational queries
- Keep relevant internal stakeholders briefed on actions taken and progress, where necessary
- Contribute to weekly/fortnightly business-wide COVID communications including briefing
- Complete, update / maintain relevant spreadsheets, checklists and databases
- Provide MI reports/updates for COO team and HR Senior Team as required
- Keep up-to-date knowledge on relevant Government and NHS changes relating to COVID in particular to track and trace, social distancing and isolation periods
- Line management of 2 HR Coordinators
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, able to prioritise competing demands and tight deadlines. Experience of handling a varied workload and prioritising tasks
- Methodical approach to work and excellent attention to detail. Confident to take on unfamiliar tasks and to learn on the job
- A self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills. Confident to challenge previous ways of doing things
- Excellent computer literacy. Experienced in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), electronic document management and filing systems and confident using apps/platforms such as Slack, Dropbox, and simple database management
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g. tact, integrity, confidentiality, patience) and able to get on well with all levels of staff
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- A team player who is flexible, motivated and resilient and able to work effectively in a collegiate environment. Able to consult with colleagues and share expertise and ideas to deliver new outcomes
- An ability and willingness to work flexibly, this role will require some early morning, evenings and weekend work
- There is also a key requirement for this role to support working collaboratively with other teams and external parties as necessary
- Charity or academic environment
- Experience of NHS Track and Trace service
Due to timescales, candidates will need to be immediately available or on a short notice period.
The CV deadline for this role is Wednesday 6th January 2021 with interviews progressing the following week. Please apply or email your CV to Richard Grove (email@example.com) to prevent missing out on this excellent opportunity.