HR Services Manager
£47,000 to £50,000 per annum
- Are you an experienced HR Services Manager that thrives on developing individuals?
- Are you a resilient individual that is capable of managing multiple demands at once?
- Do you have experience of managing the end-to-end process for immigration?
- Have you got experience of Workday, or similar systems?
- Are you looking to work for an organisation that's sole purpose is to improve the lives of people all over the globe?
If so, then read on..
I am working exclusively with a world-class, highly innovative not-for-profit organisation who is recruiting for a HR Services Manager to join their People team.
Reporting into the HR Director Operations, the HR Services Manager plays a key role to deliver an excellent HR service in a fast-paced environment for all staff and collaborators in the organisation. The post holder will manage effective communication and integration between the HR Services team and other functions, in particular the HR Advisory team in order to execute our people initiatives, providing great internal support and process improvement.
The HR Services Manager will also ensure the talent acquisition process is fit for purpose, attracting and engaging the right people at the right time. Managing the team delivering the entire life cycle of HR transactional services whilst driving continuous improvement, streamlining and ensuring cost effectiveness.
Objectives will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead and manage a team of two Senior HR Coordinators and two/three HR Coordinators ensuring:
- All advice and support provided is compliant and in line with employment legislation, internal policies and procedures
- Effective management of the day-to-day operations of the people admin function including on-boarding, people changes, off boarding and enquiries
- Data processing and correspondence is accurate and output is of a consistent high quality;
- The team have the knowledge and skills to develop and deliver a strong customer service to the institute
- Manage and develop the HR Services team by undertaking regular 121's
- Be a trusted subject matter expert for all immigration queries and managing the end-to-end process, including monitoring of visa expiry dates, initiating new visa applications with our immigration advisors, applying for certificate of sponsorships for visa extensions and attending frequent external immigration forum meetings
- Act as an escalation point of contact for urgent and complex HR queries
- Lead the development, implementation and improvement of HR processes and services across the function, ensuring that services are meeting the needs of users. Partner within HR and other admin services to ensure appropriate Service Level Agreements are in place and delivered against, maintaining compliance and driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage the recruitment life cycle, to ensure relevant contractual agreements have been issued and returned. This will include liaising with the in-house Legal team to jointly produce relevant contracts/collaboration agreements with partner universities
- Provide guidance on operational and policy matters to team members and colleagues within HR and the wider institute
- Check and approve monthly payroll transactions processed by the HR Services team
Workday is integral to how the organisation work, this includes HR, finance and IT admin and cross-functional integration. Your role is to:
- Develop an understanding of Workday to ensure the maintenance of good quality data in line with agreed data structures and configurations, and to ensure efficient, auditable processes within the team
- Contribute to the on-going improvement and optimisation of Workday processes, working collaboratively with the relevant colleagues, encouraging the HR Services team to make suggestions for improvement
- Develop an understanding of reporting capability in Workday to support HR Services as well as end users
- Be an ambassador for Workday supporting its use and development
Key Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, relevant regulations and policy. Detailed knowledge of UKVI and data protection legislation and regulations
- Solid understanding of HR systems and ability to engage with technical specialists and partner with them as a functional expert
- Working knowledge of GDPR (data retention) and IR35
- Proven experience of applying and advising on HR policies and procedures
- Experience of working in a medium sized complex, multi-disciplinary organisation as part of a team
- Experience in the design and implementation of administrative processes, procedures and systems
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and HR systems
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, delivery-focused professional with a strong knowledge of best HR practice and HR systems. You will be adaptable and resilient with demonstrable experience of HR service delivery and HR process improvement, in complex and fast-paced environments. You will have strong leadership skills, be confident in your approach and have the ability to quickly build rapport and maintain good working relationships. Experience of dealing with Immigration processes is essential.
The CV deadline for this role is Friday 2nd July with interviews progressing at the end of w/c 5th July. Please apply or email your CV to Richard Grove (email@example.com) to prevent missing out on this excellent opportunity.
** Due to the nature of the organisation, this role requires at least 3 days per week in the office and therefore the successful candidate need to be able to commute into Central London.**