PAY AND REWARD SPECIALIST
12 MONTH FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
£45,000 PER ANNUM
- Are you an experienced pay and reward specialist that is available on short or immediate notice?
- Do you have experience of working on multiple projects, particularly in an organisation going through change?
- Do you have experience of designing and benchmarking reward policies?
- Are you an excellent communicator that builds lasting relationships?
If so, then this may be the perfect role for you!
After working together for over three years, I am delighted to be partnering one of my key government clients once again to help them to source this business-critical vacancy.
Initially working remotely, this role provides advice in the reward and benefits field, working with the HR Strategic Business Partner and Head of Business Partnering to develop and implement a reward strategy to address transformation workforce reform and create a better employee experience. It is an exciting time for the organisation with a range of improvement measures being developed to better support employees.
This is a key role delivering the organisations priorities by being accountable for leading and owning this discrete project. This involves pro-active and high-quality contributions to ensure our team works effectively and delivers desired outcomes.
- Support the development and delivery of a reward strategy, challenging existing practice and recommending changes in approach where this will ensure that the organisation are able to attract, retain and motivate staff with the key skills to deliver on objectives.
- Building effective relationships, gathering and presenting data sets into accessible formats that are easily understood by all stakeholder groups - ensuring the right conversations and decisions take place on pay, reward strategy and reform.
- Develop, design and implement evidence based, strategic approach to pay and wider reward packages.
- Part of the reward strategy work will involve changes to the pay and grading system, so familiarity with a range of grading options will be required to support and lead the discussion on options and best practice.
- Support the HR Business Partnering team to manage the pay remit process, including definitions of funding, preparation of submissions to Board and HM Treasury, negotiation with the TUs, and implementation of the pay award.
Key Outputs and Deliverables
- Provide guidance across the range of pay policies on and development of new policies and guidance as part of the reward strategy work.
- Build and maintain relationships:
Maintain a deep network across the organisation (and other Civil Service departments) to ensure policy and practices support the delivery objectives.
- Deliver a valued and positive experience that meet users' needs - to ensure key improvements are delivered at pace
- Role model the company values through your ways of working through dedication, integrity and determination, in particular through being open and inclusive
- Evidence of collaboration, coordination and excellent communication skills/relationship builder and team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of designing and benchmarking reward policies related to business need
- A flexible approach and the ability to work well within and across teams
- The ability to proactively prioritise, plan and schedule complex tasks and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Experience of projects and change management
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
As mentioned above, this role is available immediately so if this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply below or email email@example.com for further details.