Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller is a vital role that is part of the senior management team and will be responsible for the delivery of all aspects of reporting but will also have a significant impact across the wider business community through a variety of projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- providing leadership and development of a finance team of c. 40 FTE
- motivate and develop the accounting team into a high performing unit with clear succession plans and a breadth and depth of relevant financial knowledge and experience
- responsible for delivery and preparation of monthly management accounts and statutory accounts for multiple entities and UK business
- provide thought leadership to the CFO and Leadership team on all aspects of accounting and processes to ensure the function meets the customer centric focus of the business as well as being the technical expert.
- being a key member of the business review team working with commercial and operation teams on all aspects of reporting
- support cross functional projects acting as the key finance expert
- managing the external audit relationships and ownership of the interim and year end audit plan of work.
- preparation of statutory statements, financial reporting and other external reports as required and aligned to reporting standards
It is essential that you are a qualified accountant preferably ACA / ACCA with a strong track record of leading a finance function providing monthly and annual reporting. Experience of delivering on a wide variety of projects within a business going through a significant transformation would be advantageous. It is important that you have experience of working within a multi-site environment preferably within consumer, FMCG or retail and that you consider your self a technical experience.