Our client is a fast track International business with an entrepreneurial flair unrivalled by anyone else in their sector. With an inquisitive mindset and positive growth forecast throughout 2020/ 2021 and beyond the business are seeking to hire a Financial Controller as key support to the Head of Finance and International stakeholders. This is an exciting role and one where the successful applicant can make a real difference and shape the future direction of the company.
This is a highly diverse role where you will take responsibility for the finance team as well as partnering several non-finance members in delivering management reporting, forecasting and operational performance analysis. The role manages a small but well established team and those with a hands on approach and prior experience in mentoring will hold a distinct advantage. This is an exciting and challenging role that will suit an up and coming ACA with some post qualified experience looking to take a step forward in their career.
- Responsibility for the management of the finance team, inclusive of management and financial accounting
- Coordinate production of rolling forecasts on a monthly basis using Hyperion Planning
- Ownership of all month end P&L's responsibilities
- Acting as the first response for any technical or accounting questions under UK and International GAAP
- Acting as key first line support to a variety of ad-hoc projects
- To work with the Head of Finance and regional business partners ensure consistency of forecasts, revenue and cost and improvements on business contracts.
- Driving improvements in process/ systems and strong collaboration with key stakeholders, implementing change if necessary.
- Providing key results and giving regular updates to the board.
The successful applicant will be fully qualified ACA (CIMA / ACCA will still be considered), graduate calibre with excellent verbal and written skills, strong core finance knowledge and an analytical / bigger picture mentality. You will be a sound problem solver with prior experience of managing finance teams.
You will be required to have a strong positive hands on approach to problem solving and leadership skills to manage and develop internal process, strengthening links to underlying business drivers and an ability to work effectively as a part of the senior finance team. Strong organisational skills to manage reporting processes to high levels of accuracy within tight time frames is crucial in making this position a success.
The team has a wonderfully collaborative and upbeat culture and every person employed within the company are passionate about the brand. They want someone with a high level of self-motivation, excited by the challenge of shaping the future direction of the business. The successful candidate will be a key hire within the department and act as as the long term successor to the Head of Finance.