HEAD OF HR TRANSITION
LONDON BASED BUT CURRENTLY REMOTE
£58,000-£63,000 PER ANNUM
START DATE: JANUARY 2021
12-18 MONTH FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
I am delighted to be partnering this government regulatory body to help them to secure this business-critical hire.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead on the transition of Human Resources / People Services function to a new operating mode and deliver the cultural change required across the organisation. The outputs of this transition must be specific and measurable and shall be delivered to the requirements set by the Director of Corporate Services and Senior Leadership Team.
The post-holder will have experience in human resource management and business change programmes and be able to influence and challenge the current operating model, seeking to deliver tangible transformation outcomes during a specific time period.
- Develop the People Strategy to produce a detailed action plan for the transition programme which sets out changes to policies, procedures, and how the cultural change will be delivered.
- Develop approaches for implementation of specific and measurable outputs as required by the People Strategy, across a range of HR service improvement areas.
- Undertake benchmarking of similar services to inform best practice and advise senior stakeholders accordingly.
- Consult with the leadership team and senior managers on aspects of current HR service delivery to inform of and help prioritise outcomes to be achieved.
- Review and improve the processes that underpin our HR recruitment including (but not limited to) selection, retention, pay and security clearances.
- Review and improve HR policies that impact all staff including (but not limited to) performance, pay, leave, benefits, and reward recognition.
- Review and improve our training offer to staff, focusing on development strategies, career paths, mentoring, coaching etc
- Design a leadership development model defining leadership values and core management skills and capabilities.
- Consider practices (in light of the Covid-19 Pandemic) that need to be adapted to reflect new ways of working for staff.
- Work with Procurement, potential internal and external customers and potential suppliers to set in place contracts to deliver the above five responsibilities with a total value in the region of £1.5M
- Develop processes to support fair and open treatment to all staff including (but not limited to) revised values, improved policies on equality and diversity, anti-bullying, corruption etc.
- Consider sustainability of outcomes, including how the outputs will be handed over to delivery via BAU team(s) at the end of the tenure by the post holder.
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent
- Experienced in transforming services across a range of specialisms, particularly human resources and people services.
- Proven experience in delivery of improvement programmes with quantifiable benefits.
- Experience in strategic delivery of HR management services across multiple fields including recruitment, performance, pay, staff benefits and training.
- Able to exploit change opportunities to best effect by contributing to a culture of initiative, change and opportunity.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and teams to challenge the norm, intervene, and suggest new approaches.
- Able to review existing processes to identify improvements and simplify steps and decision-making
- Able to identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best outcomes for the business
- Ability to challenge business planning and strategic priority setting to inform business change plans.
- Willing and able to review working practices and come up with ideas to improve the deployment of key services.
- Willing and able to encourage ideas from a wide range of sources and stakeholders and use these to inform own thinking, including that from external communities.
- Able to draw together and present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of incomplete and complex evidence and data.
- Able to embed change outcomes in a timely fashion, and transition / hand over to BAU staff effectively.
- Experience of working in Government or the wider public sector
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then please apply below.