SAP Site Reliability Engineering Lead
I am working with a client who are conducting a Greenfield S4HANA implementation.
The client are looking for an experienced SRE Lead. Reporting to the head of SAP Infrastructure and Basis, this position is a senior leadership role which will establish, lead, and drive the SAP Site Reliability Engineering team.
Key skills and experience
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Information Technology
- Strong leadership expertise and experience leading teams and matrix organisations.
- 10+ years of running SAP Operations
- Proven track record of leading SRE function
- Deep knowledge of Basis, and Cloud Engineering
- Deep knowledge of Azure IaaS virtual machines, running either RHEL 7.x and 8.x or Windows Server 2019.
- High levels of experience in the Azure Cloud with a key focus on IaaS, networks and storage deployed through Bicep, ARM Templates or TerraForm.
- Post deployment configuration with Ansible, Bash Script or Python
- Strong knowledge of Azure, or equivalent Hyperscaler Cloud (AWS or GCP) with bias to maintaining and creating infrastructure through code following DevOps models.
- An excellent knowledge of running complex IaaS infrastructure through automation with Terraform and Ansible
- Good knowledge of VMWare and On-Premises data center operations
- Broad and deep knowledge in the full suite of SAP technologies, recognising the shift in design thinking between latest SAP capabilities vs. oldest technologies
- Proven track record in digital / IT leadership positions, with managerial responsibilities leading sizeable transversal teams
- Proven experience of DevOps and Agile development ways of working
- Strategic, analytical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
Start date - ASAP
Duration - 6 months
Rate - Negotiable