Investigo are currently partnered exclusively with an instantly recognisable brand in central London who are looking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant into their very capable and growing finance team.
The Senior Cost Accountant forms part of a team of 4 and is responsible to ensure the correct accounting of the companies cost base, including infrastructure costs, overheads and depreciation.
- Support the Cost Control Manager on key merger activities and ensure the smooth transition of the Cost Control environment.
- Co-ordinate improvement activities across the cost control team to ensure that projects are effectively tracked and progressed on time.
- Be the leading expert in our financial systems, acting as a systems champion to the whole team and ensuring that our systems are being used optimally.
- Be the lead liaison between the Cost Control Team and the Finance Business Partners to understand the evolution of the cost base for specific cost centre groups, comparing to budgets and preparing insightful financial analysis to support the decision-making of the business.
- Develop close working relationships with the business and other finance teams to ensure that purchase orders and receipting are progressively improved and aligned to accounting standards.
- Support the delivery of the month-end close, including the preparation and posting of month end accruals and prepayments in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Perform reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts (e.g. accruals, prepayments, provisions and fixed assets).
- Assist in the preparation and of year-end audit files for the Group audit, as well as providing overall support to the audit process.
- Drive best-practice in our support to the year-end audit such that the overall process flows smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the cost control manager to ensure the objectives of the team are met including support and cover for annual leave as required.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Excellent understanding of accounting systems and processes.
- Strong background in management accounting / developing financial controls.
- Proven track record of delivering improvement projects to improve process efficiency.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Output and delivery focused, able to plan and execute workload to meet key deadlines.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for delivery of tasks.
- Hands-on approach and willing to get into the detail where required without getting lost in complexity
- Excellent communication skills, able to build excellent working relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Highly numerate, logical thinker with problem-solving attitude, drive and enthusiasm.
- Calm, structured and organised way of working
- French language skills desirable to liaise with all colleagues across the Group
- Knowledge of French and Belgian GAAP
- Experience of working with Oracle, Business Objects and Blacklines.