Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Hybrid/Remote with 1-2 days per month office expectation in Cambridge
Salary & Benefits: to £70,000 p/a plus a range of benefits inc. flexible/remote working, great holidays, pension, health, and a variety of benefits that you're able to build around you
Investigo have partnered with a well-known PharmaTech software house with offices spread across the UK who are looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer. This role will play a pivotal role in leading, promoting and adopting a modern DevOps roadmap and practices across the business. This role will work on a project outside of BAU and whilst leading BAU activities within the team. The crucial project for this role will look to unify their cloud offering, drive DevOps modernisation and adoption of this across the business.
You will be the leader within the DevOps function and lead both DevOps Engineers and Systems Administrators within the wider digital team promoting true DevOps, driving performance and the ongoing development of key systems and cloud infrastructure across the business.
The team are agile in their approach, and work with agile principles to the define everything from infrastructure enhancements, secure cloud, security related upgrades, product features, and much more. Your team will support multiple areas of the business as they develop complex digital solutions for a variety of user bases, and also get involved in new business areas and products.
We're looking for someone who can demonstrate hands-on technical ability and business impact by combining modern DevOps, systems, and software engineering experience to solve complex cloud, automation and reliability challenges within the business. This is the type of role where you'll 'wear many hats', so having deep technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, networking, databases, distributed systems/teams, and service-oriented architecture is needed. We're looking for a broadly skilled DevOps Engineer individual who is comfortable operating software in differing environments.
What are we looking for:
- Extensive working knowledge of DevOps and hands-on experience as a DevOps Engineer working on cloud platform (AWS is preferred but open to Azure, GCP and OpenStack experience);
- Hands-on experience managing infrastructure as code, e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, etc;
- Extensive Linux (Ubuntu) system administration skills;
- All-round technical knowledge of software development, infrastructure, architecture, support and IT security;
- Experience working with a range of databases in both on-prem and cloud-based environments;
- Any hands-on Python or Drupal skills or experience working with cyber security principles, secure coding/DevOps infrastructure and infrastructure security would be a significant bonus.
In return you will receive a salary up to £70,000 p/a plus a range of benefits inc. flexible/remote working, great holidays, pension, health, and a variety of benefits that you're able to build around you.
Please either apply by clicking online or emailing me directly to email@example.com if you need any further information feel free to contact me on 07972 132341; I can make myself available outside of normal working hours to suit you.