My client are immediately looking for a Teradata DBA for an initial 3 month contract based in the Watford area. Interview will be conducted this week/ next and the role will commence immediately.
Role and responsibilities:
* Performs database troubleshooting and performance monitoring and ensures that incident issues are resolved effectively and quickly using the client's toolsets.
* Performs cross team service troubleshooting, highlighting issues and effectively in resolution of problems.
* Delivers, to demanding timescales, project work including the build or enhancement of Teradata systems.
* Implements Teradata Software installs and upgrades by liaising with Teradata, other third party suppliers and internal teams.
* Identifies and documents procedures, policies, methods and practices to support existing systems. Acts as a quality gate for new systems introduced into Live service.
* Provide Live 2nd and 3rd line operational support activities on a 24x7 basis.
* Provides technical support for test systems including out of hours and weekend working.
* Stay up to date on all Teradata developments and suggested performance enhancements, along with known issues.
* Maintain a strong backup/recovery procedure.
* Maintain Teradata Statistics schedules and ensure all relevant statistics are collected optimally.
* Maintain DR capabilities by ensuring Data Mover jobs cover all objects required.
If you are interested in this position please respond to the add and I will call you today.