Global biopharmaceutical company with a focus on rare diseases.
Greater San Francisco area
Scientist I, Protein Sciences
Full-time, permanent (not fully remote). Individual will be required to be on-site
This individual will play an important role in the discovery-stage research of biotherapeutics gene therapies and small-molecule drug candidates. The Scientist I will provide experimental and/or analytical expertise in designing, purifying and characterizing protein-based drug candidates or drug targets
The Scientist I is responsible for provide expertise in biochemistry, protein chemistry or biophysics (chromatography, HPLC, enzyme activity assays, spectroscopy, Octet, ITC, MALS, and mass spec.)
- PhD in a relevant, scientific field
- Experience in native protein purification
- Experience having worked with large molecules (i.e. proteins)
- Experience in Akta-based protein purification, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, and clarification processes is required.
- Experience in bacterial fermentation, cell culture and cell-based assay development is highly desired.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contact with further details.